25 Common relationship problems
Relationship or marital problems come in all shapes and sizes. So, If you're feeling distraught, worn out or desperate for help then please remember that you are not alone, and you are now in the right place.
As a qualified and experienced couple counsellor I have been with many individuals and couples who have experienced these feelings. My expert knowledge has allowed me to help them to understand how and why they are struggling. They learned how to deal with their problems, solve them and move forward.
I really hope that I can help you too, no matter what problems you are experiencing. I have listed below the most common relationship problems which is the best way for your exploration to begin…
A close couple relationship - so longed for and yet so often bafflingly difficult to achieve and maintain!
"Your website really helped me...
... through a very rough night I had after an argument with my boyfriend.
Your site is very well written and exactly what I needed to read. I read some of the articles multiple times throughout the night."
25 Most common relationship problems
Here is the list of the most common relationship problems my clients most often came to see me for. Follow the link to the page you're most interested in for help on how to deal with your particular relationship problem.
If you are in immediate need to speak with someone in confidence, you can Talk to an Expert Online Counsellor right now.
- Affairs / infidelity / cheating (see: Surviving Infidelity and Infidelity Warning Signs). This includes emotional infidelity, one-night stands, internet relationships (including ‘sexting’), long- and short-term affairs and financial infidelity
- Sexual Problems, particularly loss of libido (Male and Female) and including questions around your gender (bisexual?), or your partner's gender (bisexual?)
- Significant differences in core values and beliefs
- Life stages – you have ‘outgrown’ each other or have ‘changed’ significantly for whatever reason
- Traumatic and/or Life-Changing Events (see also: Brain Injury Symptoms)
- Responses to prolonged periods of Stress, such as Work-Related Stress, long-term illness, mental health issues, Financial Problems, problems with the children, infertility and many more
- Bored in or with Your Relationship
- Dealing with a jealous partner
- Having 'blended' family issues (See: My partner's children don't want to know me)
- Domestic violence, which includes verbal as well as physical abuse: THE most serious relationship problem. See Signs of An Abusive Relationship.
- Knowing you should not have got married in the first place! (See my relationship or marriage compatibility test: Stay or Walk Away)
- Lack of responsibility regarding finances, children (see: Children in the Middle), health and many other issues
- Unrealistic Expectations - still thinking your partner / spouse is the princess / knight and not seeing the 'real' human being
- Addictions - substance abuse (see: Alcoholism Stages)
- Excessive reliance on social media, at the cost of the relationship (see: Facebook Problems)
- Lack of support during particularly difficult times from people that matter to you
- Manipulation or over-involvement in your relationships with family or friends
- Lack of communication about important matters
- Poor division of and / or one-sided lack of responsibility for chores and tasks. It is not always women who complain about this relationship problem!
- Perceived lack of concern, care and consideration / attentiveness: feeling the relationship is one-sided is a big one!
- Significant personal disappointments and traumas that lead to a change in relationship dynamics (see: Your Partner in Prison)
- Long term depression or other mental health issues suffered by one partner or both (see: Natural Depression Treatments)
- Significant differences in opinion on how to discipline / deal with the children (see: How Divorce Affects Children and Children in the Middle)
- Long-term stress, particularly when not taking responsibility for doing something positive to address the cause, or about learning to handle it if it cannot be changed (see: Stress and Your Relationship and Adrenal Fatigue Symptoms)
- An unsupportive partner during pregnancy and/or significant problems after the birth your baby. See: How to deal with a birth trauma and Before you consider suing for a birth trauma. Lack of support with child-rearing.
I wouldn’t be surprised if you have found that you are experiencing several of these relationship problems, but you know what? However difficult this time is for you I promise you that this too will pass. I am rooting for you and I know that you will be happy again. You don’t have to wait and hope for better times – together we can do something about it now!
The person you love (or used to love) was always bound to hurt you - it's sadly a fact of life and we all do it to each other. However, we can become better at solving our relationship problems by taking responsibility for ourselves.
Read on for Further Advice on Relationship Problems in Part 3...
Are You Really Compatible?
Fear of Commitment
Does Your Partner Suffer from OCD?
Free or Affordable Marriage Counselling
How to Find the Best Divorce Attorney
Is Your Partner Cheating on You?
Dealing with Jealousy
Having some problems? Don't know what to do? Feeling desperate?
It's really easy for you to find and contact a counsellor...
... and simply get the help you need.
For further information just go to my page: Online Relationship Advice. You're completely free to choose your preferred expert.
Stay in touch on Facebook
Comment - help and be helped
It's me - Elly Prior, I'm the Founder and Author of this site. I'm a 'real' person! :-)
What is troubling you right now? Do share!
I'll offer a few words of comfort and advice.
Please try to keep it short - long posts slow down the page and not everyone has a fast connection. :-)
Oh... and if I've helped you a tiny bit, please would you give me a vote up in return? I would really appreciate it.
CLICK HERE if you prefer to talk to a counsellor right now.
(Please note: spammy comments are not published!)