I want to be upfront with you…
I recommend only carefully chosen resources/products. If you buy something through one of the links, I may earn a commission at NO extra cost to you. I’d love to explain (opens in a new tab).
Understanding, support and expert guidance for when you’re feeling mad, bad, sad, stressed or depressed
Just in case…
In case you haven’t read these extensive articles yet, you may also be interested in:
- How to end a serious long-term relationship
- How to get through a breakup
- Expert relationship breakup tips
Read on if you would rather speak with- or write to- a professional online therapist now…
You can connect right now with a professional therapist for personalised online advice.
I already provide a ton of information on this site. But… it may not be enough for you right now. You may just want some time with a ‘living, breathing’ therapist, who you can contact as often as you want. Someone who’ll make a real effort to understand you, your situation and your particular problem(s).
You can start right now!
Or, if you’re finding the thought of it a bit daunting – scroll down to find out how to prepare yourself in 3 easy steps.
Before you do, remember…
- Your problem is never too small, too big, too silly, too complicated or too embarrassing to discuss with an expert
- You’re not better off finding a forum frequented by people with similar problems. They may be in a similar situation, but that doesn’t mean they know how to get out of it!
- Your friends and family may be to be able to help you. But can they do it as quickly or effectively as a counsellor can?
Ready to connect with a licensed therapist now?
It’s easy to get started…
- Click the image below and fill in the 3 simple online questionnaires (it takes just a few minutes)
- Choose how you want to pay (it’s safe and secure)
- Write down what’s troubling you
Or read on to build your confidence…
How to get over the ‘hump’ and pluck up the courage
If you’re unsure about online counselling, I can help you to feel prepared for it. My step-by-step guide will help you make the best use of the opportunity in the shortest amount of time.
I’m here to increase your confidence. When you get to the bottom of this page, you’ll be ready to go…
Why online counselling is such a good idea
You may not be able – or want – to get face-to-face counselling. Embarrassment, financial constraints, time pressures or geographic difficulties can all play a role in keeping you out of the counselling room.
Many people also worry…
- what ‘happens’ in counselling
- what questions you might get asked
- what you’re supposed to say
- that the counsellor can read your mind
- that he or she thinks you’re mad or dramatising
- that they won’t ‘get’ how you really feel
That’s why I make so much information freely available on my site. But I also know that so many people would find it such a relief to freely discuss their fears, worries and problems with an expert… if only they were willing to try.
I hope therefore that I’ve bridged the gap with BetterHelp. They make connecting with a counsellor simple, but just as professional.
Are you going to give it a go?
There’s nothing quite like having the opportunity to get it all off your chest. For someone to be there for you in your hour of need. For you to feel completely accepted and to get the help and support you need.
Getting confidential relationship or other advice by email, text, chat or telephone
No-one needs to know about it! You don’t even have to give your real name if you don’t want to.
So, no worries about shame, blame, unmentionable secrets and other stuff you’ve possibly kept hidden from other people because you can’t even bear to think about it yourself.
And therapists have heard it all before!
Here is what’s most helpful to know when you’re looking to get the best advice as soon as possible…
The best time to connect with a BetterHelp professional
WHEN YOU’VE BEEN TOLD YOUR RELATIONSHIP IS ‘OVER’.
The best time to reach out for help is when you’ve calmed down just enough to be able to write down and give an overview of what’s happened.
WHEN YOU DON’T SEEM TO BE ABLE TO GET OVER A BREAKUP OR SOMEONE
When you’re hurt, depressed, stressed, traumatised, anxious or confused. When you just can’t believe what’s happened and/or you just can’t get over the breakup.
If you’re stuck and you don’t know how to get back on track, the support of a counsellor or therapist is invaluable. He or she can really help you to make sense of it all, let go and move forward again.
WHEN YOU JUST DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO
When you need help deciding how you should respond, whether to just accept it or to fight for your relationship.
A therapist can guide you, help you to reflect on your choices and separate the ‘fluff’ from what’s real and important.
3 steps to getting expert relationship breakup advice, therapy or counselling
Calm and reassure yourself. I wouldn’t be surprised if the very thought of going ahead with this increases your heartbeat a little, but that will soon subside.
Whether you’re angry, stressed, anxious or depressed, Better Help counsellors are able to help you – in confidence and without judgement. The good news is that you can contact your Better Help therapist any time you want to – for a flat, affordable fee.
To start with, all you need to do is to fill in the short questionnaires which takes no more than a few minutes of your time. Your answers are important and will ensure that Better Help can match you with the right counsellor.
Take a deep breath and take all the time you need.
Ask yourself: how often have you wished you had someone to talk to? Someone who isn’t involved, and whose intentions and expertise you could trust?
Here are some tips:
- Write freely. Your therapist won’t judge you and won’t tell you what you should or shouldn’t do. If you have to make a decision on a personal situation, he or she will help you explore your options, be there for you and support you through any changes.
- Remember that it’s important that you ‘click’ with your counsellor. If you don’t feel that you do, just ask to be connected with another counsellor. Simple!
- Take your time when you explain your problem and situation. Get it all of your chest.
Most people find it hugely beneficial to be able to connect with an online counsellor and Better Help has excellent reviews.
GET STARTED NOW…
- You won’t need to reveal your identity if you don’t want to – just choose a screen name
- Fill in the short questionnaires
- Better Help will match you with the right counsellor for your problem and circumstances
- Sign up
- Contact your counsellor as often as you want/need. He or she will always take the time to respond thoughtfully and supportively, and be considerate of your particular needs and wishes.
- Start now…