Get professional, online mental health counselling for depression, anxiety (or even a nervous breakdown) or any other problem
Author and Publisher: Elly Prior | Modified: 12-05-2019
Understanding, support and expert guidance for when you're feeling mad, bad, sad, stressed or depressed
You can connect right now with a licensed therapist for personalised online advice.
I already provide tonnes of information on this site. But... it may not be enough for you. You may just want some time with a 'living, breathing' therapist, who's available as often as you need. Someone who'll make a real effort to understand you, your situation and your particular problem(s).
You can start right now! Or, if you're finding the thought of it a bit daunting - scroll down to find out how to prepare yourself in 3 easy steps.
Before you do, remember...
- Your problem is never too small, too big, too silly, too complicated or too embarrassing to discuss with an expert
- You're not better off finding a forum where people with similar problems frequent. They may be in a similar situation, but that doesn't mean they know how to get out of it!
- Your friends and family may be to be able to assist. But can they do it as quickly or effectively as a counsellor can?
Ready now to connect with a licensed therapist?
It's easy to get started...
- Click the image below and fill in the simple online questionnaires (it takes just a few minutes.
- Choose how you want to pay (it's safe and secure.)
- Write down you what's troubling you
CLICK HERE NOW TO START...
You'll find it a huge relief!
I want to upfront with you - I earn a commission from BetterHelp. This is how I earn an honest income, whilst giving away ton of free information throughout my site. You pay the same fee, regardless.
Or read on to build your confidence...
How to get over the 'hump' and pluck up the courage
I'll help you be well-prepared, step-by-step, so that you can make the best use of this opportunity in the shortest amount of time.
I'm here to increase your confidence. When you get to the bottom of this page, you'll be ready to go...
Why online (relationship) counselling is such a good idea
You may not be able - or want - to get face-to-face counselling. Embarrassment, financial constraints, time pressures or geographic difficulties can also play a role in keeping you out of the counselling room.
Many people also worry...
- what 'happens' in counselling
- what questions you might get asked
- what you're supposed to say
- that the counsellor can read your mind
- that he or she thinks you're mad or dramatising
- that they won't 'get' how you really feel
That's why I make so much information freely available on my site. But I also know that so many people would find it such a relief to freely discuss their fears, worries and problems with an expert... if only they were willing to try.
I hope therefore that I've bridged the gap with Better Help. They make connecting with a counsellor simple, but just as professional.
Are you going to give it a go?
There's nothing quite like having the opportunity to get it all off your chest. For someone to be there for you in your hour of need. For you to feel completely accepted and to get the help and support you want.
Getting confidential relationship or other advice by email, text, chat or telephone
No-one needs to know about it, if you don't want them to. There's no need to give your real name (though it's likely to feel more personal of course).
So, no worries about shame, blame, unmentionable secrets and other stuff you've possibly kept hidden from other people because you can't even bear to think about it yourself.
And therapists have heard it all before!
Here is what's most helpful to know when you're looking to get the best advice as soon as possible...
The best time to connect with a BetterHelp professional
After a crisis
The best time is when you've calmed down enough to be able to write down and explain clearly what's happened.
When you don't seem to get better
When you're hurt, depressed, stressed, traumatised, anxious or confused and want to write or chat - in confidence - to a professional who is objective, non-judgemental and supportive.
If you're stuck and you don't know how to get back on track, the support of a counsellor or therapist is invaluable. He or she can really help you to move forward again.
When you just don't know what to do
Sometimes there are just too many options, and you can't see the wood for the trees. A therapist can guide you, help you to reflect on your choices and separate the 'fluff' from what is real and important.
3 steps to getting expert mental health counselling
Calm and reassure yourself. I wouldn't be surprised if the very thought of going ahead with this increases your heartbeat a little, but that will soon subside.
Whether you're angry, stressed, anxious or depressed, BetterHelp counsellors are able to help you - in confidence and without judgement. The good news is that you can contact BetterHelp any time you feel the need (remember to wait until you've calmed down a little after a crisis though).
To start, all you need to do is to fill in the short questionnaires which takes no more than a few minutes of your time. Your answers are important and will ensure that Better Help can match you with the right counsellor. He or she (your choice) will already know a little about you when they connect with you in the online counselling room.
Take a deep breath and take your time.
Ask yourself: how often have you wished you had someone to talk to? Someone who isn't involved, and whose intentions and expertise you could trust?
Here are some tips:
- Speak or write freely. Your counsellor won't judge you and won't tell you what you should or shouldn't do. If you have to make a decision on a personal situation, he or she will help you explore your options, be there for you and support you through any changes.
- Remember that it's important that you 'click' with your counsellor. If you don't feel that you do, just ask to be connected with another counsellor. Simple!
- Take your time to explain your problem and situation. Just get it all of your chest.
Most people find it hugely beneficial to be able to connect with an online counsellor.
Get started now...
- You won't need to reveal your identity if you don't want to - just choose a screen name
- Fill in the short questionnaires
- Sign up
- Contact your counsellor as often as you want/need. He or she will always take the time to respond thoughtfully and supportively, and be considerate of your particular needs and wishes.