The complete guide for how to end your relationship or marriage
When you want to know how to break up with someone there are lots of different things to consider and questions to ask. So, on this page, you’ll find links to help you address every aspect of breaking up, including:
- Is your relationship worth saving?
- How do you know when to break up?
- How to end a relationship
- What to say when you want to end your marriage
- Should you stay friends after breaking up?
- How can you help your children through a breakup?
- How to get over someone
- How to break up with someone who is abusive
- How do you break up an affair?
- And sooo much more!
Your particular circumstances are different from anyone else’s. But whatever advice you need right now, I’ve made it easy for you to find what you’re looking for when you’re considering leaving a relationship…
How to break up, separate and/or divorce
Before you break up or file for divorce
- Stages of a failing relationship or marriage
- When it may not be worth saving your relationship
- When you should absolutely end your relationship or marriage
- A temporary separation instead of a breakup?
- Can you stay friends after a breakup?
- Breaking up when you’re in an abusive relationship
Things you need to know before you end your relationship or marriage
- How to break up in 3 clear steps
- 5 common mistakes to avoid when breaking up
- 6 strategies that prolong the agony
- 8 common factors that increase hurt and anger
- 13 tips on how not to end a relationship
- Why you should stay in charge of your emotions
How to break up a marriage or relationship
- 10 step-by-step tips on how to tell your spouse or partner you want to split up
- 5 tips for getting the dreaded conversation right
- 7 do’s and don’ts for a better breakup conversation
- How to tell your spouse you want a divorce
How to break up with someone you live with
- Dealing with your finances
- Leaving for someone else?
- 5 things not to do in an attempt to force a breakup
- How to split up your possessions
How to get through a divorce
- Causes of and reasons for divorce
- 11 things to consider before you decide to divorce
- Stay friends after your divorce?
- How to find a divorce lawyer or attorney near you
- 7 tips on dealing with your emotions during the divorce
- 12 ways divorce counselling can help
- How not to divorce the family and friends you need
How to help your children through a family breakup
- 10 ways that will increase your children’s distress
- 8 things your children need to hear to help them cope with a family breakup
- How to help your children through divorce
If you’re thinking about breaking up with someone, take your time and follow the links above to the articles that feel most relevant to you right now.
I applaud you for deciding to learn how best to go about ending your relationship. A break-up doesn’t have to be messy and painful. And all of my advice is geared towards helping you do the very best you can to ensure that you and your partner can go your separate ways with your self-esteem intact.
Life’s too short to simply make do, and you deserve to be in a happy and fulfilling relationship with someone who’s just right for you. I’m rooting for you :-)
How helpful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
I'm really sorry this post was not useful for you.
I continually update posts based on feedback.
Thanks so much for your feedback!