Suffering from anxiety? Chat to an online, professional counsellor
Author and Publisher: Elly Prior | Published 12-04-2018 | Modified: 09-05-2019
Understanding, support and expert guidance for when you're suffering from anxiety
You can chat right now with someone who truly understands what you're going through and is trained to help you.
You may have landed here straight from the search results page, or you might have clicked on a link in any of my articles on anxiety. For the purpose of the info here, that makes no difference. I do want you to know, though, that this is a paid service.
It's very likely to be a huge relief to be able to rely on a therapist who'll take the time to really understand your individual symptoms and situation. And he or she can be available as often as you need.
You can start right now! Or, if you're finding the thought of it a bit daunting - scroll down to find out how to prepare yourself in 3 easy steps.
Before you do, remember...
- Your problem is never too small, too big, too silly, too complicated or too embarrassing to discuss with an expert counsellor
- You're not better off finding a forum frequented by people with similar problems. They may be in a similar situation, but that doesn't mean they know how to get out of it!
- Your friends and family can be a great support. But, if you're suffering from anxiety, they're unlikely to really get what's happening to you. That's where an expert can help.
Ready to connect with an online therapist now?
It's easy to get started...
(or scroll down for further help with building your confidence first)
- Click the image below or THIS LINK and fill in the simple online questionnaires (this takes just a few minutes).
- Choose how you want to pay (it's safe and secure).
- Write down what's troubling you.
I want to be upfront with you - I earn a commission from BetterHelp. This is how I earn an honest income, whilst giving away ton of free information throughout my site. You pay the same fee, regardless.
Or read on to build your confidence...
How to overcome your fear and pluck up the courage to ask for help
I'll help you be well-prepared, step-by-step, so that you can make the best use of this opportunity in the shortest amount of time.
I'm here to increase your confidence. When you get to the bottom of this page, you'll be ready to go...
Why chatting with a professional counsellor is such a good idea, when you suffer from anxiety
You may not be able - or want - to get face-to-face counselling. Embarrassment, financial constraints, time pressures or geographic difficulties can also play a role in keeping you out of the counselling room.
Many people also worry...
- about what actually happens in counselling
- about the questions you might get asked
- about what you're supposed to say
- that the counsellor can read your mind
- that he or she will think you're mad or dramatising
- that they won't get how you really feel
That's why I make so much information freely available on my site. But I also know that so many people would find it such a relief to freely discuss their fears, worries and problems with an expert... if only they were willing to try.
I hope therefore that I've bridged the gap with Better Help. They make connecting with a counsellor simple, but just as professional.
Are you going to give it a go?
There's nothing quite like having the opportunity to get it all off your chest. For someone to be there for you in your hour of need. For you to feel completely accepted and to get the help and support you want.
Getting confidential, professional advice by email, text, chat or telephone
No-one needs to know about it, if you don't want them to. There's no need to even give your real name (though it's likely to feel more personal if you do, of course).
And there's no need to worry about stuff you've possibly kept hidden from other people because you can't even bear to think about it yourself.
Remember: therapists have heard it all before!
Here is what's most helpful to know when you're looking to get the best advice as soon as possible...
The best time to chat with a BetterHelp professional
When you don't seem to get better
When you're hurt, depressed, stressed, traumatised, anxious or confused and want to write or chat - in confidence - to a professional who is objective, non-judgemental, understanding and supportive.
If you're stuck and you don't know how to get back on track, the support of a counsellor or therapist is invaluable. He or she can really help you to move forward again.
When you just don't know what to do
Sometimes there are just too many options, and you can't see the wood for the trees. A therapist can guide you, help you to reflect on your choices and separate the fluff from what's real and important.
3 steps to getting expert help for your anxiety
I wouldn't be surprised if you feel your heart thumping and racing at the very thought of going ahead with this. I know there's little point in me saying, "Don't worry!" But there really is no need to worry :-) And it's also really easy to get started.
To ease yourself in, you begin by simply filing in the short questionnaires which take no more than a few minutes of your time. Your answers ensure that Better Help can match you with the right counsellor. He or she (your choice) will already know a little about you (from the questionnaires) when they connect with you in the online counselling room and start to chat with you.
Take a deep breath and take your time.
Ask yourself: how often have you wished you had someone to talk to? Someone who isn't involved, and whose intentions and expertise you could trust?
Here are some tips:
- Speak or write freely. Your counsellor won't judge you, will help you to calm down, get to the bottom of it all and teach you self-help strategies for dealing with your anxiety, if you think that would help
- Remember that it's important that you click with your counsellor. If you don't feel that you do, always feel free to ask to be connected with a different therapist. Simple!
- Take your time to explain your problem and situation. Don't worry about getting it right - your counsellor will ask questions to make it easy for you to open up in your own time and fully explain what's going on for you.
Get started now...
- You won't need to reveal your identity if you don't want to - just choose a screen name
- Fill in the 1-minute questionnaires
- Sign up, and start your recovery today