You are here:
› Natural sleep remedies Part 2
Natural sleep aids
If you're looking for natural sleep aids, then I'm so glad you've found my pages. In this series of articles, I've listed some great natural sleep remedies, plus tips and strategies to help you get a better night's sleep.
In case you've landed here first, do hop over to Part 1 to begin with, as the list of Natural Sleep Remedies starts there!
Meditation can have a profound effect on your health and well-being. Research has shown that it actually changes your brain. You'll have no trouble imagining how much it would benefit your relationship if you feel better.
Stress melts away, worries become manageable, sleep returns and your energy levels noticeably increase.
Self-hypnosis as a natural sleep aid
Your unconscious mind is far more powerful than your conscious mind! Your unconscious mind carries the 'blueprint' for a good night's sleep. It mostly 'knows' how to do it, without the need for sleeping tablets. I can think of no better natural sleep aid than that.
There are many different types of sleeping problems, including:
- difficulty falling asleep
- trouble staying asleep
- waking up frequently
- general restlessness
- whirring thoughts
All of these can be easily and effectively sorted by hypnosis – in my view, one of the best sleeping remedies. Hypnosis bypasses all that clutter - those nagging voices, those same thoughts going round and round in your head – and helps to calm you down.
Hypnosis tracks help you relax deeply, whilst a soothing voice speaks straight to that part of your mind that is still in touch with your 'normal' healthy sleep-wake cycle. Hop over there now and have a look at my Hypnosis Online FAQs.
Curing anxiety and panic attacks for better sleep
If you’re suffering from anxiety and feel constantly 'wound up' and stressed with endless worries, then I’d really love you to tackle that first. I promise you - if you cure your anxiety, you won't have to look for natural sleeping remedies anymore!
I recommend Panic Miracle which was developed by Chris Bayliss. He cured himself after he was failed by endless doctors, psychiatrists, hypnotherapists and a whole host of other practitioners.
He’s helped countless other sufferers since becoming a clinical researcher and health practitioner himself. His 3-step programme is well-researched and gets excellent feedback. Chris impressively promises that your anxiety will have gone in 8 weeks. I think that's realistic and he actually guarantees it. Have a look at his method to overcome your anxiety for ever.
A decent mattress
7 Tips to stop night-time worries
- Consider how much you could have achieved with all the energy you've invested (wasted!) in worrying about things you have no control over
- Start investing that energy in problem solving strategies (check out the link further down)
- Deal with the problems you do have control over
- Deal with your relationship or marital problems - see How to Save Your Marriage or Relationship by Lee Baucom PhD, a qualified and experienced couple therapist
- If you can't sleep because your partner has just left you or is about to leave you, make sure you adopt the right strategies to Encourage a Reconciliation.
- Don't know what to do about something, or finding it hard to make a decision? That’ll keep you awake for sure. Stop putting it off - make that decision
- Beat your depression! You might not know it, but antidepressant medication may well lead to you suffering further episodes of depression. I’d really like you to start taking care of yourself, and I highly recommend the specialist depression treatment downloadsfrom a team of hypnotherapists I trust. Have a look at my page: Hypnosis Online FAQ and downloads
Prescribed sleeping tablets create short-term relief, but long-term trouble! Take the time and trouble to look after yourself for long-term gain.
10 Strategies to induce sleep
- Ensure your room is pitch dark to support natural hormone production
- Take the television out of your bedroom… even watching something innocuous could be too arousing
- Get work out of your head by siting your office elsewhere, or maybe buy a room screen or cover your desk with a cloth
- Clear up all the clutter and sort out your wardrobes
- Have separate bed covers if you or your partner feels the cold more than the other. Wool is often best
- You and your partner may just be better off sleeping in separate beds, or even rooms. Restlessness and snoring disturb both the sufferer and their partner. (By the way if you or your partner are shouting, jumping about, flinging arms and legs around or having spasms, then do have a look at the study in the links below that associates this with early indications of possible Parkinson's disease)
- Ensure that the room temperature is low (a drop in body temperature, regulated by hormones, triggers sleep)
- Turn the clock face away from you so you don’t obsess about the time
- Buy a small travel spray, fill it with mineral water then add five drops each of Lavender and Clary Sage essential oils. Spray this onto you bedclothes or linen. These natural sleep aids aren’t going to knock you out, but they’ll certainly help you to relax more
- Restrict the amount of time you can sleep and slowly build it up again
You are what you eat...
Read on to Part 3 to find out how food and drink can play a role in stopping you from sleeping soundly, and for some important advice on why you should avoid medication when you're looking for Insomnia Remedies.
Problems? Don't know what to do?
Feeling desperate, stressed or depressed?
With BetterHelp it's really easy for you to get your own online counsellor...
- Click the image below and fill in the online questionnaire to ensure a really good match with your counsellor - it takes about 10 minutes (it's worth it!).
- To start your FREE week-long subscription (for as much contact as you want- enter your credit card details (it's safe and secure).
Don't need help beyond your first week? Simply cancel your subscription - that's absolutely fine!
- If you can afford it - extend your subscription. You won't believe what a breath of fresh air it is to have someone on- and by your side.
- Not sure if it's really right for you? Go to my page on online (relationship) advice for further info.
Or, start right away and click the image below...
Stay in touch on Facebook
Comments, reviews and feedback
It's me - Elly Prior, I'm the Founder and Author of this site. I'm a 'real' person! I'm hoping to make a positive difference, small or large, to every person who visits my site.
Do ask for help, offer help or review this page. I'd love to hear from you. Please keep it short.
To get support and advice by talking to an counsellor right now - please CLICK HERE.