Do this test to discover whether or not you are suited to each other
Free marriage compatibility questions
"Are we really compatible?" you might be asking yourself.
You could be asking this for fun. However, underlying this question I suspect, lies a fear and perhaps suspicion that you might not be suited to each other. Perhaps you're already having some relationship problems.
Your question is then: "Can we make it together and survive troubled times?"
The free relationship quiz further down has questions based on my experience as a couple counsellor. The questions point you to further relationship articles on my site, where you can find out more about a particular relationship issue. That way you can find out if the two of your are potentially incompatible.
Alternatively, you may be looking for fun relationship questions to spend a relaxed evening together enjoying yourselves. In that case download the free PDF with fun questions right from my page: Fun Relationship Quizzes.
But why stop there?
Would you not want to know if you're at risk of becoming a doormat, or finding yourself trapped in a dysfunctional relationship for any other reason?
What if you find yourself waking up one day next to a person you once thought the world off, but make now wish it was someone else)?
I'm hoping that with this article I can help you get a better sense of whether or not you're truly in a 'love' relationship. I'm aiming to help you figure out if the two of you are truly compatible and whether your committing yourself to marry your partner or stay married is a relatively safe bet.
Dating? First relationship or second marriage?
Regardless of whether or not you have been married before - if you are in a serious relationship I totally get that you want to get an idea of how compatible you really are.
If you happen to have been in an abusive relationship before, you'll be even more interested in the outcome of the marriage compatibility test, I'm sure. You'll have been traumatised before and you'll want to prevent it happening again if you can.
You would be right in mistrusting any horoscope or numerology, zodiac, name compatibility test or quiz. Neither would you want to rely on any astrological chart, psychic or dubious fairground fortune teller predicting your future together. Truly, your perspectives and understanding of who you are and where you will go are generated from within yourself - with a little guidance.
You might have total faith in the law of attraction. However, you can't allow yourself to rely on anything other than any personal responsibility for your future happiness.
You will want to have some insight into your partner's personality and character traits, beyond the obvious. You will absolutely need to know whether or not you've netted yourself an incompatible partner however much there's an 'amazing' chemistry between the two of you.
On this page are just some of the questions to help you contemplate how much you are suited to each other.
Making hard choices
Before you answer the questions though, I would like you to watch this short video about making hard choices - it's invaluable...
Free online relationship quiz as a taster
The relationship compatibility test below consists of less than a quarter of my full relationship test. It's here to help you take an initial good look at your relationship and perhaps your spouse-to-be.
All too often I have come across couples who knew the night before their marriage that they were making a mistake.
I so hope that you're not going to be one of them!
Really think about your answers and follow the links for further information. You can learn tons about building a healthy relationship.
If you have already planned your wedding, you could even prevent yourself making the biggest mistake of your life. You can also view this compatibility test as a starting point on the journey of getting to understand each other better and improving your communication to build a happier partnership.
The following questions are also in my full relationship Stay or Walk Away test, should you feel that you require further guidance then please complete the entire test.
In other words: stop focussing on the problem and remind yourself of what does go well and what you do like.
Relationship or marriage compatibility questions
Are you in an abusive relationship?
- Does your partner constantly criticise and undermine you?
- Do they deliberately ignore and stone-wall you?
- Do they physically hurt you - punching, slapping, pinching, shoving?
- Have family and friends expressed concerns about your well-being in this relationship?
Click the link for further questions and information about abusive relationships.
There are more questions about this is the full marriage compatibility test.
Other compatibility questions
- Have you been able to accept your partner mostly without wanting to change him or her?
- Is your partner generally thoughtful?
- Does he/she talk to you about important decisions?
- Are you absolutely sure you both do - or do not - want children?
- If you have children, how sure are you that the way you observe them treat your children is as respectful and caring as when you are not there?
- Can the two of you raise or are you raising the children as a team in relative agreement on strategies and major decisions?
- Is your partner happy for you to spend time away, for example for a business trip, a holiday with friends, a workshop, etc?
- Reviewing your relationship now - have you on the whole felt happy, even if not of late?
- Are you happy with your partner's values and beliefs?
- If you’re partner does not tend to say: “I love you”, do you feel loved, even though they do not use those words? See my page Secrets to a Happy Relationship
- Is your partner interested in what makes you tick?
- Would you trust your partner if they called you to say they can’t get home for what appears to be a good reason - stuck at work, at the airport, missed a train, etc?
- Do you feel physically attracted to your partner?
- With regards to your sexual compatibility - do you feel comfortable enough with them to ask for what you want?
- With regards to desire - do you feel that your partner wants you more than she or he needs you?
- With regards to libido - does your partner understand, without any judgement, that passion comes and goes?
- Can you have a decent conversation about the things you disagree on?
- When you do row, are you able to genuinely make up relatively quickly?
- Could you ‘cope’, without blame, if they became dependent on you for a period of time, because of a physical condition?
- Could you ‘cope’, without blame, if they became dependent for a period of time, because of mental or psychological condition?
- Does your partner contribute toward joint bills equally, relative to their earnings/situation?
- Are you able to let your partner have the space and time to pursue their interests without your feeling neglected (within reason)?
- Do you agree on what ‘within reason’ means?
- Would he or she support you if you had to take care of/spend more time with your family?
- Has your partner introduced you to her/his friends?
- Would your partner be understanding if you suddenly had to work longer hours/work at the weekend because you felt it would further your career or allow you to change direction?
- Do your arguments start harshly with much negativity, such as destructive criticism and sarcasm?
- Do complaints about your behaviour turn into criticism about you as a person?
- Have you given up on trying to talk things over?
- Are you leading almost separate lives?
In need of relationship advice?
It takes a bit of thinking doesn't it? But ask yourself how much time you've spend arranging a holiday, where you're going to live together or even planning your wedding.
I really hope you found it worthwhile going through this test if you are dating and wondering if you're compatible or if indeed you've decided to move in together or even get married.
Need a bit of help?
Perhaps you can ask a trusted loved one, but check out the potential pitfalls first. Alternatively you can chat - in confidence - with a professional counsellor right from my site.
Remember, it is really worthwhile investing in my full relationship test. You'll discover in which areas of your relationship you are indeed compatible. You'll also learn what you both need to work on to build a happy relationship. You may also find that you have no other option but to end it.
Do you want to save your relationship? Or are you keen to improve it...
Get an online professional, licensed relationship therapist to help you now
Your problem is never too small or too big, too silly or too complicated to ask for help from a relationship expert.
Connect with your therapist as often as you like in confidence (no need even to give your real name).
Get help now in 3 easy steps:
- Click the image below and fill in the two online questionnaires (it takes just a few minutes)
- Complete the short and easy sign up process
- Choose how to pay (it's safe and secure)
Then all you need to do is write down your troubles!
Regain your joy, intimacy, companionship, trust, passion, communication, friendship, affection...
Click the image below now to start:
I want to upfront with you - I earn a commission from BetterHelp. This is how I earn an honest income, whilst giving away a ton of free information throughout my site. You pay the same fee, regardless.
Found this page helpful?
Pay it forward - like and share...
Comment, help or be helped
Hello you! :-)
It's me - Elly Prior, I'm the Founder and Author of this site. I'm a 'real' person! I'm hoping to make a positive difference, small or large, to every person who visits my site.
Do feel free to ask for help. I would be delighted to write a few lines to support you (please keep it short).
Alternatively - there are licensed therapists waiting to help you right now. You can connect with a therapist as often as you want on any device, whenever it suits you. For further information, see my page: Online Relationship Advice.