You are here:
› Depression warning signs Part 3
I hope my Depression Checklist in Part 2 of this article has helped you to identify your feelings, and to work out if you are - or your partner is - suffering from depression or not.
Below is a list of more depression tests which I hope might help you further. Just before you get to those, I'd love to tell you about a way you can start to feel better straight away...
Immediate help to start your recovery today
Self-hypnosis is an effortless way of tackling the signs and symptoms of depression, as well as any underlying problems. It is safe, effective and ever so user-friendly.
The great thing about hypnosis is that when you're depressed, there isn't much you have to actively do. You lay on your bed or in a comfortable chair and let the download do the work for you.
Have a look at FAQ About Hypnosis and HypnosisDownloads.com's Complete Depression Recovery Method.
Feeling helpless and hopeless?
If you do, I really hope that watching this video will help you...
List of depression tests / inventories or
depression questionnaires and quizzes
Here are the tests or depression questionnaires that you may be presented with if you go to see your doctor, psychologist, psychiatrist or other healthcare provider with symptoms of depression:
- The Wakefield Questionnaire (pdf)
- Beck's Depression Inventory
- Goldberg Depression Rating Scale
- Center for Epidemiologic Studies Depression Scale (CES-D - pdf)
- Geriatric Depression Rating Scale
- The Major Depression Inventory (ICD-10 - pdf)
- MDE - screener
- MDE - screener, adapted by Ricardo Munoz (online depression questionnaire)
- Zung Self-rated Depression Scale (pdf)
- Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (pdf)
- RAND Self Administered Depression Screener (pdf)
So, there you are - I hope that you're now no longer wondering: "am I suffering from depression". Instead, I trust that you know for sure whether or not it's time you sought some qualified help...
Or, continue to read my other articles on self-help for depression
Having some problems? Don't know what to do? Feeling desperate?
It's really easy for you to get your own online counsellor...
... BetterHelp will find the right counsellor for you.
This is how it works:
- You can contact your counsellor for FREE for a week as often as you want and get quality professional attention and support.
- To start your free week-long subscription - safely and securely enter your credit card details. Don't need help beyond your first week? Just cancel your subscription - that's absolutely fine!
- If you can afford it - give yourself a chance to deal with stuff once and for all and carry on beyond the week. You won't believe what a breath of fresh air it is to have someone on and by your side.
- Fill in the online questionnaire to help match you with the right counsellor (yes, I know - you may find it little tedious, but it's really important!)
Not sure if it's right for you?
Find out more on my page: Online Relationship Advice
Or, start right away and click the image below...
Stay in touch on Facebook
Comments, reviews and feedback
It's me - Elly Prior, I'm the Founder and Author of this site. I'm a 'real' person! I'm hoping to make a positive difference, small or large, to every person who visits my site.
Do ask for help, offer help or review this page. I'd love to hear from you. Please keep it short.
To get support and advice by talking to an counsellor right now - please CLICK HERE.